Monday, April 9, 2012

Where To Start, Where to start???

Not long ago, writing on my previous blog was one of my favorite things to do.  I thought of things to write about on a daily basis.  Life.  Family.  Friends.  Work.  And everything in between. 

And then my life hit a little snag.  A small bump.  It got a little harder than I had planned.  And I couldn't write about it.  I had a hard time finding words, much less time to do it.  What had once been a great joy became more like a chore.  It no longer felt like me, but like what my readers wanted me to be.

I decided to take a week off.  Then a month.  Soon, I can't remember my password.  And, really- what was the point?  Everyone has forgotten about it.  And me.  So I gave up my first blog. 

I missed it.  I missed the community.  I missed getting a phone call from a friend or family member and hearing how she loved what I wrote. I missed you. 

 I can't think of how many times I said to myself and to my friends, "I really need to start writing again."  Today, I looked through that blog.  I laughed. I almost cried. I wanted to share some of the posts that I had written with people that I didn't know back then. 

I remembered the joy I had when I wrote.  And I realized I'm still me.  I'm still the flawed, insecure woman that started a blog over 5 years ago.  I've changed.  I've been through a lot and I think this blog is going to have more depth and feeling than my previous one.  But, at the end of the day, I'm still me.  Flawed and insecure.  And just a little batty. 

I make no promises, except that this time- I'm writing for me.  For my recovery.  For my enjoyment.  And if you want to come along for the ride, I'd love to have you. 

2 comments: